Monday, February 27, 2006

Could it really be???

I think we (FINALLY!!) found a church!!! It has been so hard for us to find anything that is a) in our price range, b) NOT already booked, and c)allows non member weddings!! I have literally talked to almost thirty churches!! So Shell and I got serious this weekend and we drove around and looked at churches and when I called today, we were able to go look at it and everything seems to be working out! It's First Baptist Church and it's in downtown Lafayette. It's so gorgeous!! Here are some pics...
THE OUTSIDE:
This is a picture of the bell towers. Actually, in a weird twist of fate, I used to go to this church when I was younger and have actually been up into the left bell tower! It was very scary for a girl who's scared of heights!!

This is the front. Gorgeous!! And you can see my friend Brooke with her arms up on the steps if you look close enough.

And this is a closer look of the exit doors. I've always envisioned the exit of our wedding to be spectacular, and I love the doors and the steps!
THE SANCTUARY:
This is a pic from the back of the sanctuary. I love the dark wood.
And this is the alter. Obviously, the tables and furniture would be moved.
THE WINDOWS:
This is a closeup of one of the tall windows that line either side of the sanctuary.
And here is a pic of the windows all in a row. You can see the sun shining in and this is at 2 or so...about an hour and a half before our ceremony will be.
Finally, this is a pic of the balcony window. It's huge, and if you look to the right on the wall, you can see a bit of the reflection on there. The coordinator said that at around 4:30, the sun shines right in and comes all the way down onto the sanctuary. It's so pretty!!
We'll hopefully get it all booked this week!! Yeah! The streak is over!! And we can finally order invites and Save the Dates!!!