Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Wren's First Valentine's Day!

We had so much fun celebrating Wren's first Valentine's Day! It involved several days worth of celebrations!

On Saturday, we went to a bowling party for Daddy's work, so she decided to wear her cute Valentine's Day outfit to show off her love for Daddy. I can't handle how adorable this outfit is!

On Sunday, we had lunch with Grammy and Papa, so she wore her "Grandma's Secret Admirer" shirt. I only have pictures of her napping in that though.
On Monday while Josh worked, Wren and I had lunch with Auntie and then we went and picked out everything to decorate Wren's bathroom. Shell said she wanted to do that for Wren's Valentine's Day gift and we had fun deciding on a theme. We will be working on it over the next month or so...hopefully!

Later, Grammy stopped by and (of course) spoiled Wren (and us) with some Valentine's treats and some oh-so adorable clothes!
We had planned to do our annual fondue dinner on the evening of Valentine's Day, but by the time Josh got home we were all pooped! So we decided to order pizza instead. Sooo romantic! But it was exactly what we wanted, so we were happy campers.
Then we opened gifts with Wren. One of the things I've been so excited for with having the baby is the craft time! I love doing fun little projects and was excited when I saw these cute little mailboxes in the $1 section at Target. That's my favorite spot for great little finds and I always get Halloween, Easter, V-Day, etc. things for the boys, so when I saw the Valentine's Day stuff, my heart did a pitter-patter knowing that I could finally decorate something for my own baby!

Here's what I came up with:

We kept it pretty simple...2 pair of $1 sunglasses and a pair of shoes for later this summer/fall.
And she really wanted to make something special for her cousins, so we got the boys each something, too.

So we opened Wren's gift...
We did a little Stevie Wonder... 
I know that the lighting is bad, but I love her laugh in the picture below! 
Then she played with Daddy for a while: 
Before we all took a nice long nap! So cooozy!
Then tonight we decided to do our fondue. It has been 6 years since we got engaged after a night of fondue, and we have celebrated pretty much every year somewhere betweeen the end of January and Valentine's Day. It's a fun tradition and we were excited to share it with Wren. Next year will be so much fun...though we realized that the cheese fondue will have to change, as it has wine and brandy in it!
Anyway, Wren got to join in the fun, but no tasting this year! 
Then we all took another nap (hey...I'm trying to get them in before I return to work next week!) and had our chocolate fondue later this evening. We took some video but I don't have it uploaded. I will do that soon, hopefully. Somebody was very excited about the chocolate...atta girl!