Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Weeks 12 and 13!

Whoooaa! We have a three month old, folks!!

Here is Wren at 12 weeks, technically 3 months old:

 And here she is one day before her 3 month birthday (on the 6th)...it's confusing as to whether she's 3 months at 12 weeks or 3 months when the 7th rolls around...but either way, we officially have a 3 month old on our hands!
She is still so cute. I loved the picture above because it really shows some of her "current" favorites...her hands, her feet, her tongue and her DADDY! She's definitely discovered her hands, so she loves reaching for things and she is always chomping on them or looking at them and she has recently started trying to giggle and she gets so tickled that she covers her face with her hands. So precious!

As for her feet, it was so amazing the other day. She was in her swing napping, and as she woke up, Josh and I were able to witness her little wheels turning as she discovered her feet. She would look at one, then the other, then back at the other, and she would lift one and move it around, then put it down and do it with the other one. You could just see her little mind at work realizing that she was the one making that happen. It sounds silly, but I get all teary eyed every time I see her learning something new. It's just such a privilege to watch.

Her tongue is still a favorite! She always has the thing sticking out!

And her Daddy continues to be her favorite person. She watches his every move. You can see above that she's starting to grin at him.

We're currently working on giggles. She still gives a funny little silent laugh every once in a while, but we're ready for high pitched squealy laughs. We also pulled out the little jumper thing tonight but she was hungry so she didn't much like bouncing around. She is not a fan of standing (except, of course, for Daddy), so we thought it was time to get the bouncer out so she could have a little fun while building some strength in her feet and legs.

We have been doing some fun projects around the house. We started in Wren's playroom and it's almost complete. I just have one fun little craft project that I'm working on and then we'll eventually add some things to the wall and we need to find curtains. But other than that, it's pretty much done. And we got our dining room all painted and new dining room furniture ordered. We have our eyes out for a rug and hopefully will be getting some decorative pieces and maybe something for the wall(s).  Next up is the foyer. I'll post pictures of all of them when I get time!

I have 2 weeks left of maternity leave. While I'm really going to miss all of my time with Wren, I'm also very ready to go back to work. I'm ready for the challenges that come with balancing being a mom and having a career. I'm looking forward to the schedule. I feel very lucky to have had as much time off as I have and I wouldn't trade it for anything.