Thursday, January 27, 2011

11 Weeks!

It seems like Wren is learning something new every day. She is such a Daddy's girl! She is so in love with her Daddy, it's the sweetest thing. It's so funny, she just follows Josh around wherever he goes. She doesn't watch anyone else like she watches him. I love it! But I'm definitely jealous.

She's been learning to find her hands and we've been working on having her grasp her rattles and different toys. She's also much more interested in her books and actually will spend time looking at the pictures.

She is also so close to laughing! She's given us a giggle here or there, but more often than not, it's almost like a silent laugh. She gets very tickled and covers her face with her hands but no giggles come out. I think we should be hearing them on a regular basis by next week!

For the most part, she is really a happy baby. She went through a rough few days where we thought she might have had colic but I think it was a growth spurt. She was getting really upset around the same time every night and I couldn't comfort her. She was fighting sleep so bad and I'll be honest, we had a rough couple of nights! But luckily it would only last for an hour or so and then she'd fall asleep and she'd be fine for the rest of the night. ::knock on wood:: She hasn't had an "episode" for the past three nights.

In other news, I snagged the steal of the century this week when my friend Laura got 2 of these Baby Bjorn carriers for her baby shower (1 was from us!), so when she went to return it, they were only going to give her $21 for it. Instead, I went with her so she could get the full amount that I paid and we were able to return it for her and I bought it for us! I've had my eye on it but we already had an Eddie Bauer one that Shell used with both of the boys, so I could never justify it, but at $21, I couldn't pass up the cuteness! Plus it sort of matches Wren's stroller and carseat.

On this day we took a big long walk around the neighborhood and then that night, I bundled her up and we went out in the garage and walked on the treadmill. She loves it! And I love it...working on those last 3 pounds of baby weight! Then we start on our new goal! During our walk, she was asleep before we were out of the driveway! And the dogs liked running off some energy, too.

Seriously, cutest baby eeevaaah!