Friday, May 07, 2010

One Fun and Busy Weekend!

Last weekend, we had a full and fun couple of days. We started on Friday by celebrating a few things with a cookout at Shell and Dan's. We were celebrating Pokey (of course) and also Shell's new job and my receiving an award earlier that week as one of the Top 10 Young Professionals under the age of 40 in the Greater Lafayette area. It was a really busy and exciting week with lots of exciting things happening, so we had a lot to celebrate! To add to the excitement, the same day I won the Top 10 Under 40 award, I also found out that I was voted into the Board of Directors for Big Brothers Big Sisters. Such an eventful week and much to celebrate. Of course, Shell, Dan and Josh decided to do so with a little vajunka.

Can't say that I was sad to miss out!Saturday morning, we headed to a Kickball Tournament that my Tippy Connect Community Involvement Committee organized. Josh put together a team for Kohl's and it was a really fun day. He was definitely sore the next day!! But we raised a couple thousand dollars for the Hanna Community Center so it was a fun way to spend the afternoon.

Here are some pics of J and his team in action. They might not have won but I think they had fun!

Whoa, look at that action shot!:
Josh pitched the entire 2 games. I was glad that they played right next to where I was stationed (making hot dogs!) so that I could watch them play a little bit!
Saturday night, Josh went out with Dan, Jeff and Bruce to watch a boxing match. Then on Sunday, we headed to Indy with Ron and Patty to eat at a restaurant that we'd all been wanting to try for several months, Fogo de Chao. It's a Brazilian-style restaurant and they serve all different sorts of meat, all you can eat. I was so mad that I forgot to get some pictures of the gauchos serving the meat...or really any pictures for that matter! After we were pretty much done, J remembered and we grabbed two shots. They're not too good, but it's all we have!

It was a LOT of meat! Patty didn't get the meat portion; I thought about not getting it but figured my little Poke could use the protein. But we were all stuffed to the brim afterward and then took a short walk around downtown Indy.
This was the best pic we got of all of us. I'm so disappointed in myself for not getting some cute ones! Note my NOjito. They surprised me while I was up at the salad bar and had one delivered for me. Yummm!!

In the end, it was a really fun weekend. Busy and full of fun things to do! This weekend will be just as eventful as we are preparing to head down to Sanibel Island for Jeff and Laura's wedding. We're looking forward to some relaxation and some sun!