Monday, May 24, 2010

16 Week Update

We had our 16 week appointment last week and it was also our first visit with Dr. Schafer. We've heard mixed reviews so we were anxious to meet him. Actually, take that back...we've heard almost all amazing things about him except from one or two people. But still I was worried because we were used to the care that Dr. Jarrett gave so we have high expectations. I had a second doctor in line as a backup, but thankfully we really liked Dr. S. He was running quite a bit behind due to a delivery (which I'm told is pretty common...and I can't say that I mind because when it's us delivering, we'll appreciate it!), but he took a lot of time with us, didn't rush things one bit and was very reassuring about some of the anxiety I've been having. I even convinced him to let us get an ultrasound 2 weeks early because I've been having some troubling dreams and general anxiety over the health of the baby. Nothing major, it's just been hard going from ultrasounds every 2 weeks to having to wait almost 2 months to see Pokey. So he said that he would be fine with us coming in at 18 weeks...

...which meeeeannns!!! We get to find out the sex of the baby (hopfully Pokey is cooperative) next Thursday!! I am so excited we are to this point!!

We also got a quad screening done and should find out the results of that this week sometime. Overall, things are still going really well. I'm definitely showing more now and have made the switch, maybe a bit prematurely, to maternity clothes. I've waited so long to wear them that I just couldn't hold out any longer! Hopefully I'll start to feel the baby move in the next few weeks. So that's pretty much it for now...stay tuned for the big announcement coming soon!!!

Oh, and in other exciting news, we might have figured out a boy name!! We're still not 100% sure but we'll let you know next week. We're definitely not ones to hide the name and sex...it's too exciting!!