Tuesday, March 25, 2008

shouting it from the rooftops

Can I just take a second and say that, for the record, I have THE most amazing husband in the universe? I don't say it often enough, but who does say those things often enough to the ones that they love? I feel compelled today to shout from the rooftops how appreciative of him I am. Of course, he annoys the crap out of me a lot of the time, and we have our tiffs, but at the end of the day, I just need to make it known that I couldn't have survived the past month without him. He is supportive in every way imaginable, especially when it comes to our fertility struggles. He is positive, even if his jokes often aren't exactly what I am looking for. He has been by my side at every ultrasound, check-up, follow-up, and painful procedure that I have had to endure. He's standing right next to me holding my hand. He won't even fathom missing any of it. Even the quick, 10-minute appointments. I can't tell you how much this means to me. There are a lot of husbands out there who wouldn't rearrange their schedules to make uneventful and often disappointing appointments. But he does. He asks questions when he has them, and he thinks everything through. He is taking an active part of everything. He gives his opinion and I value that more than anything. This is particularly tough because I know that half of the time, he would rather have me make whatever decision makes me happiest. But his level head is helpful because he always has a different perspective than me.

Best of all, he takes me for Red Robin and a Mocha Frappuccino and gets me chocolate to make me feel better. What would I do without him???