Saturday, March 08, 2008

M.I.A.

That's us. It's been a while since I've posted, but I thought I would catch everyone up on a few things. I never realized how many people read our blog until I hear about not updating! So a some updates on us:

  1. Josh is still at Kohl's. He likes it. He's been traveling around and helping other stores here and there. He went to Wisconsin last month for a meeting and he seems to have a lot of respect from his boss and DM. That's always good!
  2. I am at Purdue. My job has turned out to be everything that I'd hoped for it to be and more! The travel is pretty extensive (I spent a week in Naples earlier this year and then went to Phoenix for a few days), but I'm enjoying the opportunity to see parts of the U.S. that I may not otherwise get the chance to see for some time. And we're able to buy Josh's ticket and have him come along if it works out, so it's a great way for us to see some things together. Plus, I'm racking up frequent flyer miles left and right, which will come in handy on our personal vacations!
  3. We're heading to Las Vegas next week to meet up with Travis & Lilian for the Mountain West Conference. The guys are really excited to watch Wyoming play. It should be a great time, and neither of us have ever been to Vegas, so we're ready for some warm weather!
  4. After we get home from there, I have a trip to Washington, DC for work, so Josh and I are going to go out a few days early and see DC. I've never been and Josh has been a few times, so we're looking forward to being tourists for a few days.
  5. We also have a family trip planned with Josh's parents to North Carolina (or is it South?), which will come at the end of May. So we're busy little bees!
  6. Anyone who knows us knows that we're still hoping for a baby. It's turned out to be quite the obstacle! I'm pretty much an open book about it because I feel like you have to put your wishes into the universe, and the more they are out there, and the more we wish for them, hopefully the better our chances! (Kind of like the Secret a little bit.) Plus, having the extra prayers from our friends and family (and any random stranger, for that matter) can't hurt! So that does consume a big part of our lives, unfortunately. We are currently working with a Reproductive Endocrinologist (fertility doctor) and he has me on a drug called Clomid and we underwent our first Intrauterine Insimination last week. We are what we call 'cautiously optimistic' in that we really hope it works, but we try not to get overly excited because that makes the disappointment all the worse. I know we are going to be parents one day. And GREAT parents. We just have to be patient and wait for God's plan to fall into place, but that is easier said than done on any given day. We'll have a great story to tell our children, and one great thing is that they will know that they were loved and wanted SO much, long before they were ever conceived. Hopefully they will appreciate that one day.

In the meantime, we're trying to enjoy the freedom that we have with not having to tote little ones around everywhere (though it goes without saying that we would trade everything to have little guys to tote around). I know it's been forever since I updated the blog, so I thought I would give everyone the 4-1-1 on the Wright household. Unfortunately that's about as exciting as we get! I'll try to update more often, definitely with pictures from Las Vegas.