Sunday, November 20, 2011

50's Style Trunk-or-Treat

Before I post all about Wren's first Halloween, I thought I'd share some pictures of our 50's style trunk-or-treat! For those who don't know, they are a fun community trick-or-treat, usually taking place at churches, and they allow people from all over the community to come and fill their goodie bags.

Shell helped CUMC to organize their first one this year, and when I heard about it, I was so excited!

Wren's Halloween costume was a little 50's sockhop girl, complete with cateye glasses and saddle shoes.

As you can imagine, the glasses did NOT stay on her face for long, but here is a cute picture we gher in them. BEYOND adorable! 

To stick with her costume theme, we decided to decorate our trunk as a 50's style soda shop.
Josh and I got in the spirit. Josh was Fonzy-inspired (complete with rolled pants, "Aaaayyyyy!") and I found the best 50's housewife outfit I could come up with in my closet and straightened my hair, though I wasn't skilled enough to attempt a real hairstyle!  

I got some decorations at the party store and made a little soda shop, here are the stools and the table with Elvis placemats and rootbeer floats. 

The other side had a giant juke box and we brought ourselves to present day and played some fun 50's music from the iPhone. :)

This was all that was in the actual trunk: 

It got pretty chilly so Josh and Wren cuddled up for a while.

I wanted to cover her ears, but this is how she felt about having her theme and costume compromised:


It was SUCH a fun time!! Can't wait for next year!