Monday, July 18, 2011

Call Me Crafty: Entryway Table Edition!

A few months back, we Josh and his dad painted our entryway and we debated between putting in a hall tree or doing a table of some sort. I had something in my mind and we eventually decided that a table would work best. I wasn't having much luck when looking until Wren and I took a stroll through a flea market and came across this little beauty:

We definitely didn't want to keep the light wood and the cream, especially given the color of the entryway, so I decided to go a little HGTV on it and it turned out great!

First I sanded and primed... 

Followed by 2 coats of paint... 

...and a drawer pull (1/2 off at Hobby Lobby!)... 
And it turned out beautifully! 

I love the curves and everything turned out surprisingly well. I wanted to add a coat of clear gloss polycrylic to make it shiny (and also to help prevent dents and scratches), but when I tested it on the back, it scared me. It was bubbly and we both already loved it so I didn't want to risk ruining it. So it stayed as it was. 

Now we just need to find a coordinating lamp and put some pictures up. So still a bit of work to do before it feels nice and welcoming, but this is a great start!