Sunday, October 01, 2006

Saturday: Horseback Riding

Since the zip cording through the rainforest was down the week we were there, we had room for an extra excursion. We heard from a few other people that the horseback riding was great, so we gave it a try...

This is absolutely the funniest picture in the universe. I laugh every time I see it. I love it...Not to say my pic is any better...
My horse's name was Bobbi and Josh's was Trod. It was Josh's first time riding and he did a really good job. Trod bucked a few times and I seriously thought I was going to fall off of my horse because I was laughing so hard. But he was a good horse, and Bobbi was perfect, she was so gentle and I would have taken her home if I could have.We got to take some pictures on this little cliff and Josh thought he was going over. And here is us after we got out of the ocean. Notice the bear backs! It hurt but it was so incredible!! The one tour guide did the entire 2 hours bear backed, I don't quite think we could ever work up to that!Here's a good one of Josh walking along the beach.And here's one of us while out in the ocean...it was truly a memorable experience. It was amazing.
Before we went to ride horses, we got up really early and looked for some conch shells. We didn't find any unbroken ones but we did the obligatory heart in the sand number...Also, Patty got me Just Married sandals which leave an imprint of Just Married in the sand when you walk, but we didn't get a very good pic because the waves kept coming pretty quickly. Then Josh thought it would be funny to get my dirty backside from sitting in the sand.