Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Josh's first official Father's Day

We had a nice weekend and Josh was able to pseudo-celebrate his first official Father's Day. I'm sure that next year will be much sweeter, but we still had a good day. We started out with cards from me, Wren and the puppies, along with Josh's presents.

Here he is with his first babies:And since he's gotten into the nightly routine of reading Wren a book, I tried to find some fun books that are specifically for reading to a baby in the womb. I found some good ones. First, and my favorite, is You Are My I Love You. It is such a sweet story that my sister told me about. Love it. Then there's one called I Can't Wait to Meet My Daddy, which is all from Wren's perspective. It's cute, kind of like she's reading him a book. I got the book Always, which is too adorable. It's about a dog protecting her castle and reminds us of how Kowe Sue will be with Wren (hopefully!). Finally, I got the version of Oh Baby, the Places You'll Go that is specifically for in the womb. We spent the entire afternoon in Indy looking at strollers and baby furniture. But not before having a delicious breakfast at Flap-Jacks! Oh, it was goooooOOOOoooOod! We had luck finding a stroller that is going to work, but not so much on the nursery furniture. We found a lot but have so much more work to do!! It's fun, but there are just a lot of decisions to make and a lot of THINGS to get. We'll get there, slowly but surely!!

Anyway, it was really a fun day celebrating Josh and Wren. I'm of the humble opinion that there is NO other person in the universe that will be as good a daddy as Josh will! (Okay, I might be a little biased.)