Saturday, August 29, 2009

a couple of work trips

Earlier this summer, I had a couple of fantastic trips for work. First I went to Colorado (my first time...I'm in loooove!!). Here are a couple pics that I took while driving. I missed the turn-off for the Pike's Peak lookout point but I tried to snap one while driving. (I believe that is the second one below.)


Then the next week I went to Washington State...also my first time, also in looove!
First I was up in Bellingham and had dinner right on the bay. SO gorgeous!
Here are some pics from the drive back down to Seattle. I love the trees!

Then I ended my trip down near Tacoma. We had lunch at the Chambers Bay Golf Course which will be the site of the 2015 US Open. It definitely looks different than any course I've ever seen but that is intentional, or so I'm told.Finally, before I had to catch my flight I was able to tour around Seattle for a bit. I headed straight to Pike's Place Fish Market. I was so excited for the fresh fruit and veggies and all of the gorgeous flowers. It smelled so good (at least as you walked directly past the flowers...not so much as you got nearer to the fish).

Of course I had to stand and watch the famous fish throwers for a while. I, along with the rest of Amercia, read the book FISH! so I couldn't miss out on seeing these guys!
Bonus points to anyone who can spot the fish in mid air below! And I had to see the original Starbucks! I had to step foot in but didn't want to stand in the long line so I didn't buy anything!
Finally, I drove to the Space Needle. I almost decided to go in but then didn't want to have to deal with paying to park and walking in heels after my trip to the fish market. So instead, I took a picture on my way and decided I'd visit the next time I was in Seattle.
Have I said before that I love my job?!?!